RaspAP && PiHole

Hello,

I want PiHole to cohabitate with RaspAp but can't figure out how to get DHCP working so that I connect to my AP and get Pi Hole for DNS & DHCP.

Any tip ?

Regards,
Yann

No one? Is there an alternative? I just want pihole and a WiFi access point working

Do you currently have Pi-Hole installed on that device? If so,

Please send us the token generated by

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Hi,

Here it is :

Your debug token is: r1tt1kmbzz

Regards,
Yann

my raspap runs on a different RPI which pointing to the pihole

A review of your debug log shows that dnsmasq is running on port 53.

In V4.0, dnsmasq is embedded in pihole-FTL, and dnsmasq no longer runs as a separate process. The debug log will show dnsmasq as either failed or inactive. Process pihole-FTL should be shown running on port 53.

https://docs.pi-hole.net/ftldns/dns-resolver/

You will need to stop and disable dnsmasq, then restart pihole-FTL.

Finally, got it working.

1. Install RaspAP
  2. Install Pi-Hole
  3. sudo touch /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
  4. sudo chown pihole:pihole /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
  5. reboot

From this post by @mon_dieu

Thanks guys.

Posted through Pi-Hole

3 Likes

@YannBrrd
I have followed your steps multiple times and each time the hotspot just keeps on coming back with “No internet access”
Is there something I should be looking at other than the 2 specific requirements following a reboot to do?
I have gone thru RaspAP built first and rebooted a few times, connected thru 2 different WAN connections thru routers and all keeps working, till I install pihole. Is it that raspap requires dnsmasq or cannot read from FTL? Being new to UNIX world this is really maddening not to get this to work.

hey, did you solve the problem? I have the same situation

i followed all these steps, but when i try opening any of the blacklisted sites, it still opens

no blocking!

I copied the dnsmasq.conf from RaspAP installation into a new "yourname".conf file in /etc/dnsmasq.d

piHole installation backed up previous dnsmasq.conf (from RaspAP) in dnsmasq.conf.old and replaced with "conf-dir=/etc/dnsmasq.d". So I just created a new ".conf" file in /etc/dnsmasq.d and copied from /etc/dnsmasq.conf.old.

From RaspAP FAQ

For now, I can connect to hotspot with pihole. (extra tip: After newly added blacklist sites, restart pihole and flush client dns cache. If still not blocking, check whiltelist)