RaspAp + Pi-Hole

I can't get RaspAP working combined with Pi-Hole, I've followed this thread but nothing works

Debug Token:

this is my debug token
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/s7crhtxcwp

Welcome to the Pi-hole community, Ruanox.:slight_smile:

Pi-hole is oblivious as to how you organise your network - it is happy as long as it's being properly advertised as your network's DNS server (in fact, it would even be happy without that, but quite probably, you wouldn't :wink: ).

As running an AP is not one Pi-hole's features, there is nothing that could be done on the Pi-hole side.
As such, your debug log wouldn't allow for any recommendations towards solving your problem of setting up an AP.
You'd have to refer to your AP setup guide on what changes to apply to your network.

If that would involve supplying some custom configuration options for Pi-hole's embedded DHCP server (provided by dnsmasq), you should take care that they are saved to respective custom files under /etc/dnsmasq.d/, and that your options are not interfering with anything Pi-hole already configues, or else risk losing your custom settings on Pi-hole updates.

Having said that, I also took a glance at the post you linked:
I noticed it assumes a wrong location for lease information.
Since dnsmasq has been embedded in Pi-hole, it configures lease file location in /etc/dnsmasq.d/02-pihole-dhcp.conf as follows:

dhcp-leasefile=/etc/pihole/dhcp.leases

You could try using that file instead, but please take this as a hint rather than a solution advice, as I haven't tested any of this. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.