I am new to Pi-Hole and have few queries.
- Docker on Synology NAS (IP say 192.168.1.1): https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/diginc/pi-hole/
- Netgear R7000 Router running ASUSWrt Firmware (IP say 192.168.1.100): http://xvtx.ru/xwrt/
- DHCP Setting on the router
- Created a file in router at /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add with the following config
- In my Pi-Hole Config have the following DNS config
Setup seems to be working. I can see traffic on Pi-Hole interface and blocks etc…
- Is the setup correct? I believe some value should be there in the router DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2?
- Is the redirect via the dnsmasq.conf.add file correct or needs to be something better?
- If Pi-Hole Docker is stopped, everything stops working (nslookup, traceroute, websites)… Is that the intention? I see a risk if NAS / docker shuts down for some reason, the entire internet is dead for local devices.
- Any other settings I should do for optimal setup?
- IP Not resolving in GUI: I have another issue… After first time install and setup everything was fine and device IP’s were showing as their DNS names in the Pi-Hole GUI… But after a docker restart … it is just showing IP and not name… waited for 6–7 hours (as stated in another thread… ) but issue persists… Restarted router and then docker… but same thing…
Debug Token: 8xur6ay0pm