Whitelist and Blacklist not working, web interface not updating

Expected Behaviour:

[
Adding a domain to my whitelist should show the domain on the web interface under whitelist, and allow traffic.
Adding a domain to my blacklist should show the domain on the web interface under blacklist, and block traffic.
pi4 1gb]

Actual Behaviour:

[Attempting to add a domain to either list gives me a success message on the web interface, but does not actually add it to the list, in the web interface at least. Running diagnostics shows that domains have indeed been added to the blacklist, but they are not blocked and load just fine.]

Debug Token:

[ https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/hcovklxeq6]

Your debug log shows that you succeeded in adding a few exact and regex for blocking and one exact match for allowing domains

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Domainlist (0/1 = exact white-/blacklist, 2/3 = regex white-/blacklist)
   id  type  enabled  group_ids  domain                  
   --  ----  -------  ---------  ------------------------
   1   0           1  0          citi.bridgetrack.com    
   2      3        1  0          (\.|^)crazygames\.com/$ 
   3    1          1  0          crazygames.com
   5    1          1  0          test.com
   7      3        1  0          (\.|^)crazygames\.com$
   8      3        1  0          (^|\.)crazygames\.com$
   9    1          1  0          www.crazygames.com

These changes are effective immediately, i.e. if a client requests a blocked domain, Pi-hole will correctly return 0.0.0.0.

Note that a client may cache DNS answers, so it may still work with the cached IP entry from a previous successful lookup before you configured the domain to be blocked.

This issue affects me too.

I have several blacklist and whitelist entries. I have been managing these via the web interface for months.

I have just upgraded my pihole to the latest version. After doing this the list of whitelist and blacklist entries on their respective management pages are now completely empty.

The activated blacklist items continue to block the content, but I cannot switch them on or off because the lists on the management pages are empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clear the browser cache and reload the page.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Not found on any Blocklist

A post was merged into an existing topic: Not found on any Blacklist

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.