Dashboard clients not listed, only localhost

Hi, I have tried to find the answer to this issue but I feel the answers all for slightly differnt issues.
My setup: I use by router fritz.box as DHCP with DNS pointing to my pihole.
it works perfectly, all DNS traffic goes through the pihole
however, I cannot see any clients on the dashboard or under group managment/clients
I feel this is a docker bridging issue, but reading about using docker in hosts mode and swarms appears overly complicated for what I need.
Here is my debug: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/fi2m33t94b
I would appreciate being able to see all the hosts on my network instead of just the router

Many many thanks
Pete

You likely configured your FB to use Pihole as DNS server for your WAN connection.
If you want to see individual clients, you have to distribute Piholes IP as DNS server via DHCP.

If you are able to read German, have a look at Pi-Hole und FritzBox Setup Anleitung - #128 by Gert_Chlupaty for configuration hints.

HI there
I have distributed PiHole IP via DHCP for local clients
See below, my DHCP setting on the router where 192.168.178.100 is my pihole
I have also fixed the Pihole address so it does not change
thank you

I am afriad I do not read German..

though google translate is awesome. I think I have all this setup
i'll verify

If you installed Pi-hole only recently, your clients may continue to use their existing DNS server until their DHCP leases expire.
To force a lease renewal, have a client dis- and reconnect, either by switching WiFi on and off, or by power-cycling.

I have done this and flushdns
I have had this running for over a week and rebooted everything multiple times
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
The German aricle is not for docker; I believe my issue is docker specific

Ah, I did not read well enough - sorry for that.

You'd have to sort this out in Docker indeed.
I see no reason why you should not try using host mode for a start.

And it wouldn't require swarm. (click for more)

I think I recall the sentence in Docker's documentaton that may have convinced you to think otherwise:

host is only available for swarm services on Docker 17.06 and higher

would be be less misleading if rephrased

host for swarm services is only available on Docker 17.06 and higher

It becomes clearer if you actually follow the link in that same paragraph:

See use the host network.

I've only recently replied to a similar topic that may apply to your setup as well.
Please have a look at Source address in docker shows as bridge gateway from other subnets.

Hi, thanks for this. i"ll read your links and get back to you later :slight_smile:

So from the docker link : Use host networking | Docker Documentation
"The host networking driver only works on Linux hosts, and is not supported on Docker Desktop for Mac, Docker Desktop for Windows, or Docker EE for Windows Server.:

I am running Docker Desktop on Windows 10, so I assume this means I cannot run in hosts mode?

I've raised a support ticket with docker on how to create a new bridge network without NAT
I'll post back here if I find the solution as I'm sure I'm not the only one
cheers

Hi, i am facing the same issue with Docker on Windows 10, di u get a solution ?

So, my solution was to install PiHole under Hyper-V on Windows 10 and there i can have the details per clients.