Dark Admin Theme

Had a little time this morning so I thought I would give my admin dashboard a makeover.

I was originally aiming towards a stylish style so you wouldn't have to do anything with the pi-hole itself. However the graph colors are a little tricky and would probably need a userscript. So I'm thinking the non-destructive approach may need to be thrown out.

Just a little preview since the graphs are ugly at the moment.

UPDATE: Here is some work on the chart

23 Likes

That looks great, any chance of a release or tutorial on how to change it? :slight_smile:

Yeah it will be coming in time. I was hoping to just have it be css that you could load using stylish, however the charts are themed in the index.js file.

So now since I have to edit the file anyways I thought I would do a little more than just a re-theming.
I've been looking for a side-project to start so I may redo the dashboard in it's entirety with Angular 2.

For now though, I'll get this in a complete state and then post an install script.

4 Likes

That looks great! I really like dark themes.

Currently looks like so:

9 Likes

That's great work, and we'd be interested in collaborating with you on that. Mind shooting me an email at dan.schaper@pi-hole.net?

Just finishing up the last couple elements...

Edit: Made delete button change to red on hover

I'm thinking it would be better without the alternating rows..

Edit: Just about done. New flatish logo to tie it together

I'll have to bottle this all up into a script tomorrow if I have time.

7 Likes

We've got a new logo that gets rid of the "Evil Eye" over on gitlab.pi-hole.net. It will be out with the next release of the web interface.

I actually kind of like the evil eye in @doctormidnight's rendition...something about it.

1 Like

I like the dimensional shading of the berry, do we want to go for another round of logo shuffle? :slight_smile:

I just can't un-see the "Angry Hemorrhoid Logo" now, that comment ruined things for me...

2 Likes

Haha I know what you mean. I think about that now and then, too. :laughing:

1 Like

Now that's all I see, hahaha. I like the new cleaner look, but I also liked the black hole idea so I'll probably make one for fun tomorrow morning, less hemorrhoidy..

I got totally hammered on our other forum when I did that monstrosity of the Angry Hemorrhoid, but I really like the shading and the dimension feel. Please share with what you come up with, I'm not opposed to a shift in the branding.

And if you need/want any of the AI's they should all be on the asset repo.

Here is something I threw together this morning, not in love with it overall but I like the concept.
I'm going to explore the idea a bit when I have time.

4 Likes

wow thats pretty nice
well done!

tbh i don't like the current logo either.

Had about 5 minutes to mess with it a little bit. It definitely was the holes perspective among other things. Still something off though...

Not bad for 20 minutes total of work though.

3 Likes

Eager to see more of this!

I've been swamped with work, we have a crazy appletv threading bug that is a phantom. Cant stand iOS these days. I just took over the project so I've been reading way too much code so when I have some time tomorrow I'll be getting back into this for sure.

I also made some progress on my angular frontend, once I get the back end tied in I'll push a new branch.
Still early stuff, but I spent an afternoon optimizing my Python log parser and it's looking good.

Great to hear, looking forward to it!

Edit (The progress that is, not the iOS overload...)