Change default blacklist TTL via environment variables

The default TTL for blocked items is 2 and there are already some discussions on how to increase the TTL: e.g. Change the TTL?

I am using the docker setup and I found that we have already be able to setup many global settings via environment variables, like PIHOLE_DNS_.
Could we add a new one to change the default TTL for the blocked items?
I believe the setting eventually goes to pi-hole/advanced/01-pihole.conf at 4736e03108763cc2d5659f48d8a1e8a64d9b2608 · pi-hole/pi-hole · GitHub
If we implemented this, it would be easier to for us to change the default TTL when updating pihole.

Here are some related requests:

This request is easier than them, as I am not asking to change the TTL for a particular site or change the GUI. What I need is a global setting applied at pihole start up like PIHOLE_DNS_.

Thanks

This now can be done by settings in pihole-FTL.conf .

Setting such a global TTL value was already possible by overwriting the value for local-ttl in 01-pihole.conf. Of course, as this is a configuration file under Pi-hole's control, this would have been overwritten by certain UI interactions, and by upgrading to a new release.

While this can now be avoided by setting BLOCK_TTL in /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.conf, I am not aware of a corresponding Docker environment variable.

But isn't a Docker environment variable what your FR is about originally?
Would you still require that, now that you have the ability to control BLOCK_TTL in a more persistent manner?

There is not one. :slight_smile: But, there does not need to be one, as (provided the config directory/file is volume mapped) one can just use pihole-FTL.conf as normal.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.