Wrong percent calculation in pie chart | v2

The issue I am facing:
Since today's pihole update to the latest version, the pie chart does the same strange things as I already reported some time ago (there it was fixed):

Wrong percent calculation in pie chart

Currently my chart looks like that:

=> 34% + 22% = 56% but that's not what the chart is displaying.
I think others will look nearly the same.
BTW: the picture is a collage of two pictures to be able to display the original percentage text.

Details about my system:
Pi-hole v5.9
FTL v5.14
Web Interface v5.11

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/Rfuq5q1z/

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
pihole -up :slight_smile:

I have also checked/confirm, both the Upstream and Query types pie charts and by using the hover assist to display percentages (to tally a total), and in my case the Query types total is less than 100% and the Upstream percentage exceeds 100% in total.

Details about my system:
Pi-hole v5.9
FTL v5.14
Web Interface v5.11

With me it's only the right one "Upstream servers" which displays the wrong.
The left Chart "Query Types" looks good and the calculation makes sense.

Maybe it's because the right Chart has something new inside called "Other".
I have no clue what "Other" would mean. ... doesn't make sense for me.

other

Having negative other is a bug which is already being fixed. If you want to try this, please run

pihole checkout ftl fix/negative_others

To go back on track (and before the next Pi-hole release) please run pihole checkout master
Other was introduced by https://github.com/pi-hole/FTL/pull/1284. We noticed that the upstream percentage did not sum up to 100% because some queries are neither cached nor blocked nor forwarded

ok, makes sense, but the displayed chart does not make sense:
=> 34% + 22% = 56% => so the Chart should be filled by more than half (>50%). But it's more like 1/4

Is the chart also broken on the special branch?

Hi, I have just checked the chart after switching to the pihole checkout ftl fix/negative_others and all looks good to me now, i.e. numbers now tallying 100%

1 Like

thanks for help/testing! :slight_smile:

@yubiuser: is there anywhere an explanaition what "other" means?
I don't understand what this should be, as all other points mean (in my understanding) that there is some request forwarded to "xyz". But other?! What is other?
In my current view I have about "-70%" other. In reality it looks (I mean optical, in the chart) like 1/4 of the chart. So in my perspective it's a really huge amount.

Is this with the special branch? If not the numbers and the chart are not reliable.. There should only be a small amount of other. Others are, for examples, queries which have been already forwarded and for which Pi-hole is still waiting for an answer while the client is making the same query again.

nope, to be honest I was a little bit affraid to "destroy" something.

Thanks for explanation... will see if this will stay the same after the next update.
But I assume it will, becasue if I click on it I get a huuuuge list of entries.
I have 100 each 3 minutes!

Bug fix is being tracked here

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.