Whitelist and black list Failure

Ok Thanks for that, now it seems it is working.

Hi, I have got the same problem - I did everything like adviced... php-intl is installed - still does not work -need some help - great software anyway :slight_smile:

My token: 368zlc6rsr

It this really the exact same problem? Sorry, I haven't seen your post early enough and your debug token expired meanwhile. Could you please do another pihole -d run for us?

It looks like the same problem - the new token is: 4l64qtvpo5

Also in my case the Whitelist and black list Failure is still there.
Debug token: n8tx4smti5

@tjamaa @1xox Please check you followed

@DL6er, Thanks for all the support! When running "apt-get install php-intl" the php7.4 version was installed, while the extension_dir in http://pi.hole/phpinfo.php points to the 7.3 version where indeed the intl.so file is missing. I don't know how to get the 7.3 version installed. (Sorry, trying to find my way in the linux world...)

php-intl is installed.php-intl

@1xox Same here!

Does the config update when you restart lighttpd?

Is everyone seeing this new issue running DietPi?

@DanSchaper Restart of lighttpd has no effect

Can we check if a particular PHP extension is available and only offer the IDN feature to those having a correctly configured OS that installs the right extensions?... DietPi seems to be missing this correct configuration right now.

edit Yes: PHP: extension_loaded - Manual

1 Like

Is this DietPi? I'm seeing some problems with the lighttpd configuration not using our configs.

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Dashboard and block page
[✗] Block page X-Header: X-Header does not match or could not be retrieved.
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 345
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 11:40:42 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.45

[✗] Web interface X-Header: X-Header does not match or could not be retrieved.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=pju1smqqhmqk7ort69iel0kiu2; path=/
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 11:40:44 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.45

Is there a package php7.3-intl available for you?

For those not being able to resolve this, please try

pihole checkout web fix/check_idn

which will disable support for international domains if the required extension is missing.

@DanSchaper Yes, this is DietPi on a RPi3 which is only running Pihole for its DNS service. I have noticed this error message too, but I don't know what to make of it. I now checked my other RPi3 running the stable version of Pihole, and it shows the same X-Header error message. Hence it does not seem to be related to Beta5.0, I may have to double-check my lighttpd config.

@tjamaa: installing php-intl ver. 7.3 fixed the problem apt-get install php7.3-intl
I am running dietpi as well.
@DanSchaper THX for support

Yep, the Whitelist and Blacklist pages are back!

The result of 'apt-get install php7.3-intl':

The following NEW packages will be installed:
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 107 kB of archives.
After this operation, 335 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 https://packages.sury.org/php stretch/main armhf php7.3-intl armhf 7.3.14-5+0~20200202.52+debian9~1.gbpa71879 [107 kB]
Fetched 107 kB in 0s (113 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package php7.3-intl.
(Reading database ... 22515 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../php7.3-intl_7.3.14-5+0~20200202.52+debian9~1.gbpa71879_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking php7.3-intl (7.3.14-5+0~20200202.52+debian9~1.gbpa71879) ...
Processing triggers for php7.3-fpm (7.3.14-5+0~20200202.52+debian9~1.gbpa71879) ...
Setting up php7.3-intl (7.3.14-5+0~20200202.52+debian9~1.gbpa71879) ...

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/intl.ini with new version
Processing triggers for php7.3-fpm (7.3.14-5+0~20200202.52+debian9~1.gbpa71879) ...
Processing triggers for php7.3-cli (7.3.14-5+0~20200202.52+debian9~1.gbpa71879) ...

I then went back to checkout core and ftl release/5.0, and the Whitelist and Blacklist pages appeared. Problem solved it seems.