Websites loading slow

I am using Fritzbox 7390. I configured the fritzbox under Internet -> Account Information -> DNS Server. Pihole blocks the ads. With this settings Home Network -> Home Network Overview -> Network Settings -> IP4/6 Addresses pihole won't block. pihole is installed on a raspberry pi thats connected over lan to the fritzbox.

Expected Behaviour:

Loading websites fast as without pihole + blocking ads

Actual Behaviour:

some sites like gmx.net or chip.de takes over a minute to load completely

Debug Token:

qzsy1x20wb

I think it's because the requests need to timeout first. I have the same behaviour on mine. Some sites load longer with pi-hole.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your answer. My friend has also a pi with pihole and the websites are loading normal/fast.

2 Likes

Hallo, this solution didn't helped me. I don't know what else to do.

What have you tried? All of them? The HTTPS firewall rules are usually the "final" solution.
How does your firewall config look like? Please post the result of

sudo iptables -L --line-numbers
sudo ip6tables -L --line-numbers
1 Like

Finally it works now. I disabled DHCP (Ipv4 and Ipv6) on the Fritzbox Router and enabled on the Pihole. The Ads are blocking now, but I have the problem that the Ads are blocking only on some Devices. For example on the PC it works, but not on laptop. On my Samsung Tablet it works, but not on my Samsung Note 4. There is only a connectivity check for devices, where the ads are still there in the query log. How can that be? Is there some mistake in the settings? Thanks

What is the difference between the two machines (operating system / used browser / ...)?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this? Which kind of connection check?

1 Like

The mistake was, that I didn't put the right IPv6 Adress into the field (IPV6 Menu) on the fritzbox. Now it works as it should.