Update fails

I have the "Update Available" notice even after I manually run the 'pihole -up' command.
(Normally this is run once/week with a cron job)
[]
Any ideas how to update?

[Edit]
When running manually there are no error messages or fails.
Everything states that Pi-hole is correctly updated and everything is up-to-date...

There is an existing issue (which should be fixed with this update) that causes non-english systems to fall over on the update script, not sure if this applies:

But try the steps anyway!

In section 4.8 of this manual, mail is installed. As soon as SSMTP has been installed, you will be getting mails with the results of the cron jobs. In section 14 is explained how to suppress the daily 'flush' mail.
I've been running this config since day one and have found it very useful, for instance, the weekly update failed this weekend (08 jan 17), resulting in a significant decrease of the blocked domains. Running /usr/local/bin/pihole updateGravity again at a later time (on sunday) solved the problem.

Never mind, misread that! Thought it was related to the other thread :wink:

Yeah, looks like there are some issues with lost hosts this past week! First hosts-file.net, now it appears that the malwaredomains mirror is down, things which are unfortunately beyond our control.

That said, I can't see why it would cause the pi-hole update to fail, as once it falls over on a list it should skip to the next one:

::: Getting mirror1.malwaredomains.com list... done
:::   Status: Status 000
:::   Download failed and no cached list available (list will not be considered)
::: Getting sysctl.org list... done
:::   Status: Not modified
:::   No changes detected, transport skipped!

It doesn't interfere with the update, I just used it as an example to show why the SSMTP setup can be useful. Another example (nothing to do with update) is this thread. The mail immediately alerted me something was wrong.

Thanks!
The commands in the linked article about non-English systems did the trick!
Looks like it's fully up-to-date now!

Thanks again!