Support not to log queries for certain clients

Some of my clients are very noisy and robotic. I don't need to look into their logs and they are filling up the space. If there is a configuration where I can select the client IPs to exclude them from query logs, that would be very useful.

1 Like

You can disable logging on the dashboard. Queries will still be stored in the long-term queries database where they can be viewed/requested with arbitrary filtering to remove the noise.

Hi, thank you for your response. My main concern is the footprint of the log db on the disk. I don't to have aggressive schedulers to delete every 6 hours or so. That's why I am trying to limit the number of queries that go into the log.

If the queries are coming from a PC or Mac or Lunux platform, you can block them locally at the PC with entry in the hosts file on that client.

1 Like

Thank you. But these queries are coming from my IOT devices like weather bot, amazon echo, another amazon bot, by door cam etc.

How large is your database - ls -lh /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db , and how long did it take it to get to this size?

How many queries a day is your Pi-Hole processing?

echo ">stats" | nc localhost 4711

Closing as duplicate in favor of

Votes are released. If you still support the request, please vote over there.