Setting up pihole on a raspberry pi4. Have it all working but for the life of me i cannot get it to have a static IP. I have edited the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file with the following and rebooted but it always ends up getting a DHCP address from my router and not the static that I have put in the file….
interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.0.100/24
static routers=192.168.0.1
static domain_name_servers=8.8.8.8
Any ideas please?
Debug Token:
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/3vAyiVMi/
Some of the new distros use NetworkManager for address assignment/connection management. On Trixie, mine are in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/. I don’t even have dhcpcd running.
Thanks, that helped focus on a diferent direction and have now managed to do it via the GUI through the Raspberry Pi Connect
There is a command line tool as well: nmcli, if you’ve gone ‘sans GUI’.
Thats three in a row now:
If you dont run a desktop environment, which is common for a server, you also have the nmtui command (Network Manager Text User Interface) which is a little bit more accessible than nmcli.
Is the issue solved? Can you mark the solution pls?