Remove DHCP leases over webGUI

Please forgive my ignorance, what does that mean?

Would you like to financially sponsor the feature request?

I extrapolated that much. That kind of investment is the organization looking for?

Since we're an open source project that runs exclusively on donations, yes.

I have made a contribution already. And willing to do so again. Do we have a number in mind?

I guess it would depend on the value of the feature for your use? No set number in mind.

I guess that answer is yes.

I can sponsor the feature, per my mockup! :point_up_2: How does $250 sound? Just add a little red trashcan button next to the copy button, press it, and bam, DHCP lease cleared for that entry?

It sounds very generous and we're talking over how to implement it, both for the server and how to affect the client that holds that lease.

1 Like

An update midway: We implemented a new method in FTL to unlink existing leases without the need to restart the DNS/DHCP server (pi-hole/FTL//887dc2). This ensures uninterrupted operation. Next steps are implementing the button on the API (shouldn't be too hard) and final testing. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Done, see

and

Awaiting code review and approval, this feature is very likely to be included in the next Pi-hole release (we're loosely targeting something in December).

1 Like

@codinghorror Just in case you missed it.

1 Like

That's great! Thank you!! :bowing_woman: Where to paypal the $250 funds to?

You may want to check it does what you're expecting, first.. Donations are a nice, although secondary concern :slight_smile:

If you're running something on the dev branch already then you can test out by running:

pihole checkout ftl new/unlink_DHCP_lease
pihole checkout web new/unlink_DHCP_lease

If you're not already running on the dev branches, please be aware that doing so will make going back to master more difficult because of some breaking differences in the database schema (until we release the next version). But if you want to do it, take a backup of your /etc/pihole directory and then run pihole checkout dev, followed by the two commands above for checking out the individual branches. Then, when/if you want to switch back from dev, run pihole checkout master and restore your backed up /etc/pihole directory.

(or just do a fresh install on a VPS if you're worried about data loss)

1 Like

I'm fine waiting for it to release on stable, appreciated! As long as the UI element is there (red trashcan button) and it does what you'd expect (removes the lease when pressed), I'm good!

Thanks for all your hard work on this project @DL6ER @PromoFaux -- and let me know where to send the PayPal! :clap:

1 Like

No... thank you (and all our users!) for using, and supporting the project :slight_smile:

Donate – Pi-hole , thanks!

1 Like

OK this is done!

I'll keep an eye out for other features that I can sponsor as well.

5 Likes

This has been released with

2 Likes