Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit support

Request 1: Please add support for Raspberry Pi OS (formally Raspbian) 64-bit.
Request 2 (sufficiently connected): Rename Raspbian in your documentation as Raspberry Pi OS is the new official name

I installed Pi-hole on my RPI 4 but after installing Pi-hole the device does not boot any longer. I'm not going to say here (yet) that Pi-hole caused this, but I will need to check things further (I expect the issue to be somewhere else, very likely myself). I have seen one other report mentioning Pi-hole (sort of?) works on 64-bit.

Quite fast FR for a OS that is still in beta (as far as I could see with a quick search): Raspberry Pi OS (64 bit) beta test version - Raspberry Pi Forums

__

You know that a "beta" state does not prevent a large number of people using it. I only found it trough a mentioning in a large Dutch computer magazine. I guess more and more people will go and try it because they say it works (no video acceleration but most won't need it).

Maybe they release it in the lifetime of Pi-hole v5.2. It would be good if it would already be supported.

May I suggest adding formally in front of Raspbian?

We are not going to officially add support for an OS that is not in final form. When the OS is released as a stable release, then we'll see if it works under Pi-hole.

2 Likes

Did you intend "formerly"?