Query before I start installing on RPi

Clueless here - please read with patience..
I am going to install PiHole on RPi 2B
To avoid the problem of Apache being installed which OS should I have on RPi2B in order to have the lighttpd installed?
And then will the automatic curl install simply make the PiHole work??

Thank you

Use Raspberry Pi OS Lite and you should have no problems.

thanks.

and on a different note.
How long do I need to wait before this forum no longer considers me as a new user and allows me to mention people by name??
Thank you for your help

One last thing (I really hope so..)
I uninstalled PiHole, at least I thought I did.
Well now my nextcloudpi is not accessible from the network at all but the pihole works.
Don't know what I did other than I think I followed your advice...
Anyhow
So now I have a PiHole on my web browser and I even have two local client 127.0.0.1 and nextcloudpi
I can see the web interface, but I cannot find any way to add more clients.
I looked through the documentation - but it does not explain how to add more devices.
I don't want to make it for the whole network - only for a handful of devices.
Thank you

You have a few options:

(1) make a new management group and assign those clients that you don't want to use Pi-hole to this group. Apply no blocking to that group. The clients will send their DNS queries to Pi-hole but there will be no blocking applied and the queries will pass through to the upstream resolver.

(2) Either manually or via DHCP settings (if you use Pi-hole for DHCP) assign a different DNS server to clients:

many thanks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.