Queries issue and conditional forwarding

Device was a new build from yesterday.

The issue I am facing:
Queries are showing a random link like [ipxxxx.in-addr.arpa] - once I reboot the system it will occasionally show the normal links for a while then revert to this.

Queries are hitting nearly 15,000 every hour

when I have setup conditional forwarding it doesn't show the devices just "testwifi.here" is the main device

also the raspberry pi is getting about 25 queries a second or so when not being used much.

Details about my system:
Raspberry Pi 4 4gb ram.

unable to setup DCHP due to using g google wifi. I can't turn it off on the router and when I have setup. DCHP before it kills my internet like Pihole doesn't assign any IP addresses to my devices.

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
just adding blocking tools, I have also tried running the repair tool no joy.

Diags
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/91dzbxpq48

Update
Flushed Logs, Flushed Network Table and reset DNS resolver network is now only showing about 2-8 queries a second rather than 20. (update on this after about 10 mins it went back to 20 queries a second)

have followed Millions of PTR Queries in-addr.arpa and turned off conditional forwarding to see if it resolves in-addr.arpa appearing.

These are not random links. They are DNS Discovery Service requests. A common cause for this high number of requests is conditional forwarding, which causes a loop.

If you cannot completely disable DHCP on your router, then change the IP range of the DHCP on the router to a single IP, that of the Pi-hole. Then enable DHCP on the Pi-hole on a non-overlapping range. Reboot the router and renew the DHCP leases on all connected clients.

thanks for your reply! The conditional forwarding I turned off and that has resolved the issue :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 16.29.47

I am going to change the DHCP on Pihole to the following and the DHCP address pool on Google Wifi to the Pihole ip. I'll let you know how it goes on.

update
Didn’t resolve issue WiFi stopped working and needs to be restored to resolve.

Devices connect and pihole assigned a ip but no internet to those devices.