Pihole breaking SONY LIV channels

Greeted with a please disable adblocker message when visiting solyliv.com, not sure which domain to whitelist, can someone help me?

I see that my issue is similar to the one posted here, but there is no solution there just steps to debug, through which I could not find a solution!

Try using Pi-hole's Disable Blocking option temporarily to see if it works when Pi-hole is allowing everything.

If it continues to show the message then it's not related to Pi-hole blocking.

If the message goes away then it's a case of finding out which domain or domains are being blocked and need to be whitelisted to make the SonyLIV happy. Use the Query Log and some testing to identify the right ones. By all means please add them to the Commonly Whitelisted Domains post for the benefit of future Pi-hole users who are using the same service.

Alternatively remove all blocking from just the client on which you are running SonyLiv, by adding it in the Clients section and remove it from the Default group so it shows none selected. Note that if you do this, all other currently blocked domains unrelated to this service will also be allowed and you might not want that, so finding the right domains to whitelist is the better approach.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.