Pi-Hole Web Interface not responding

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Login to Web Interface using http://[IP]/admin, Brand new CentOS 8 Install (Today), latest PiHole, SE Linux Permissive and CentOS Updated runnig on ESXi 7.0

Actual Behaviour:

Times Out

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/wi5cc7njc1

Package php-json-7.2.11-2.module_el8.1.0+209+03b9a8ff.x86_64 is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

Thats what I got, I have done several reboots... any other options?

or go with CentOS 7?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You can check some of the other Centos 8 topics here. Use the search function and select the Centos 8 category

ok, thanks, I'll check those out, if not I'll go back to 7 if I fight with it too much. :slight_smile:

I will do a clean os & pihole install and report back my findings.

Works on my machine.

Please make sure you configure your firewall if you have one running.
Firewalld instructions: Redirecting...

Like I said, it is a new from today, clean install of CentOS 8 Minimal, but it appears to be something else... I had the ESXi's Drive crash, completely dead, swapped in another and reinstalled ESXi, now 7.0 (was 6.7 before) and I run Untangle which I restored from a month old backup but I was missing some configs... I also restored my previous pihole backup (CentOS 7, PiHole 4.4.3) but this one had an issue on the gravity.db after upgrading to 5.0 (may have had the issue before the update from the restore...)

So I pulled the transporter backup and have made both a CentOS 8 and now 7 fresh installs with Pihole 5.0 bone stock and they don't work to access the interface, though everything installed without an issue and appear like everything is ok.

If you see something from the Debug Logs let me know, but it may be another issue on my network...

Just tried the IPTables, FirewallD commands and under CentOS 7 it just pulled up... I am going to try with CentOS 8 the same things and report back.

Never had to do the firewall commands so didn't think they would be needed now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Firewall configuration was recently removed from the installation script.
Ignore the iptables section for CentOS, just perform the firewalld commands.

1 Like

ok, I just put them all, lol even the UFW ones which isn't even installed... :slight_smile:

Previous install was like 4 versions prior to 5.0...

Do you know why it was removed? should have maybe asked if I wanted it, with a yess as recommended... IDK, just saying...

We did have a user prompt but it was removed.

Removal PR here: Remove configureFirewall function, the call to it, and related tests by PromoFaux · Pull Request #3283 · pi-hole/pi-hole · GitHub
Discussion here: basic-install.sh: Allow dhcpd traffic in firewall-cmd by flavio-fernandes · Pull Request #3092 · pi-hole/pi-hole · GitHub

Well, it is up now... but I am trying to restore my teleporter backup, first of it only shows adlists... and even after updating gravity they don't stick, I am worried about my whitelists... will these not be there? I can't do these again...

May I ask you to create a new discussion as this one should me marked solved (firewall issue)

1 Like