Pi-hole or apt update must be done multiple times

Hi,

I finally decide to write a message in here, hoping to find the solution to the issue that I have.

I use a PiHole since years on a recent Raspberry, with 2 NICs. The whole internet traffic is passing through it.

For each pi-hole update, it takes ~45 minutes to update everything. Then once it's done, I usually reboot the pi-hole.
Once it's rebooted, I expect to have the new pi-hole version, but it's not the case. I still got the previous version, so I need to redo the update and wait ~45 minutes... and I reboot...

I have to do that 2 or 3 times in order to get an update.

The same issue happen with apt update/upgrade, there's no easy way for me to update the raspberry.

I though it was the SD Card but it's not, I just replaced the card with a brand new class 10.

Find my debug log here: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/ROrTo6CH/

Thanks !

Probably there is a RAM disk or caching layer which does not successfully sync to persistent disk on shutdown? Try to run sync to sync the regular write buffer to disk. This is done automatically on a regular shutdown requence, but probably it fails. Also check dmesg for potential filesystem/write errors, after apt upgrade and sync.

However, not a Pi-hole issue but OS-level issue :wink:.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.