I could use some help with the following situation where I have no idea where to look or how to isolate this further.
- Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) (5.9.0-0.bpo.5-arm64)
- Docker version 20.10.5, build 55c4c88
- Home Assistant supervised (https://community.home-assistant.io/t/installing-home-assistant-supervised-on-a-raspberry-pi-with-debian-10/247116)
- Raspberry Pi 4GB
- Kingston A400 - Interne SSD - 240 GB
- Netgear R7000 with custom Firmware Freshtomato2021.2 K26ARM USB AIO-64K
- Several pc's connected via cable to router/switches
Since a couple of weeks my complete ETHERNET networkd crashes. That means every device that is connected via cable looses connection with the router (no IP). When I check a wireless device it is still connected to my router and is able to go on the internet.
This happens every couple of days and I have no way to trigger it faster.
When this happens and I unpower my RPI my ethernet network comes back straight away. So it's fair to say/assume that the PI is the culprit.
- Unplug RPI - network comes back, devices do receive IP again.
- I turned off pi-hole for a couple of weeks and issue didn't came back
- I checked logs but could not find anything what might be causing this. But I don't rule out that I'm looking over it
- When I generate a docker debug log I do see some errors - But I also read somewhere that debug mode wasn't written voor docker and some errors could be ignored.
- Deleted all pihole container and image and started from scratch.
version: "3" # More info at https://github.com/pi-hole/docker-pi-hole/ and https://docs.pi-hole.net/ services: pihole: container_name: pihole image: pihole/pihole:latest hostname: pihole ports: - "53:53/tcp" - "53:53/udp" - "67:67/udp" - "80:80/tcp" - "443:443/tcp" environment: TZ: 'Europe/Amsterdam' WEBPASSWORD: 'xxxxxx' # Volumes store your data between container upgrades volumes: - './etc-pihole/:/etc/pihole/' - './etc-dnsmasq.d/:/etc/dnsmasq.d/' # Recommended but not required (DHCP needs NET_ADMIN) # https://github.com/pi-hole/docker-pi-hole#note-on-capabilities cap_add: - NET_ADMIN restart: unless-stopped
Anyone that might experienced the same or someone who could point me in te right direction? If it happens again I'm at the verge of installing the non docker version and see if it happens here as well.
or maybe set pihole/docker on a fixed IP instead of shared with the other apps?