Pi-hole is active but doesn't resolve dns

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Internet works with ad-blocking

Actual Behaviour:

Page fails to resolve

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/e5c3mvows8

I'm able to set dns manually on my router and internet works fine. Neither wired nor wifi works through the pihole. I also set up pivpn and have been able to connect to it successfully.

Your debug log does not show any problems with your Pi-Hole installation.

What DNS settings are you using in your router, both when the Pi-Hole does not aplpear to be processing requests and when you are able to access the internet.

Have you tried to manually assign the Pi-Hole as DNS in a client to eliminate the router as a source of the problem?

So I have router dnsmasq set to the dhcp 6 IP of pihole and that's when I have the problems. Setting dns on router to pihole works but the stats all show the router and not individual clients.

You can use Pi-Hole as DHCP server, which will show individual clients.

Which offers better performance, dhcp on pihole or router? I have netgear r7000 router and raspberry pi 2 model b.

There is no difference you would ever notice. The client will get a new lease whenever the old one expires (typically daily or weekly). This is a very simple transaction.

Note the DHCP function is not the same as the DNS function. DNS queries are recurring and frequent, DHCP transactions occur very infrequently by comparison.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.