Pi-hole is active but doesn't resolve dns

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Internet works with ad-blocking

Actual Behaviour:

Page fails to resolve

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/e5c3mvows8

I’m able to set dns manually on my router and internet works fine. Neither wired nor wifi works through the pihole. I also set up pivpn and have been able to connect to it successfully.

Your debug log does not show any problems with your Pi-Hole installation.

What DNS settings are you using in your router, both when the Pi-Hole does not aplpear to be processing requests and when you are able to access the internet.

Have you tried to manually assign the Pi-Hole as DNS in a client to eliminate the router as a source of the problem?

So I have router dnsmasq set to the dhcp 6 IP of pihole and that’s when I have the problems. Setting dns on router to pihole works but the stats all show the router and not individual clients.

You can use Pi-Hole as DHCP server, which will show individual clients.

Which offers better performance, dhcp on pihole or router? I have netgear r7000 router and raspberry pi 2 model b.

There is no difference you would ever notice. The client will get a new lease whenever the old one expires (typically daily or weekly). This is a very simple transaction.

Note the DHCP function is not the same as the DNS function. DNS queries are recurring and frequent, DHCP transactions occur very infrequently by comparison.