LInksys Router Won't Designate Pi-hole as DNS

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Using Pi-hole on Umbrel v 0.4.17 ( https://getumbrel.com/ )

Expected Behaviour:

After designating the DHCP server settings on my linksys router to point to Pi-hole on local network as DNS, Linksys router should designate the Pi-hole as the default dns server for all local clients.

I followed option 1 instructions here : How do I configure my devices to use Pi-hole as their DNS server?

Actual Behaviour:

After setting is applied, router reports no internet connectivity.

My Pi-hole has a reserved address from DHCP.
I am not using conditional forwarding, as recommended by Setting Google Wifi DNS to pihole breaks internet connection.

The Pi-hole team doesn't develop Apps for Umbrel, and Umbrel isn't on Pi-hole's list of supported OSs.
So far, we've only received reports for failing installs on Umbrel, see e.g. Pi-Hole in the Getumbrel node does not install, it always stays on.

Did your installation succeed?

If you can provide us with a debug token, I'll take a look and see if I can spot something.

To that end, please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.