IPv6 setup with router

I've got a ISP provided router (BT Smart Hub 2). Unforunately, you can't disable/change the DNS server in it. This is fine for IPv4 as I can just disable the DHCP server and use the PiHole as one, however this is a bit more complex with IPv6.

There are a couple of options regarding IPv6:

• Enabling ULA (gives a Unique local address and ULA prefix / length).
  • Changing the allocation mode (stateful/stateless/both/off). The default is stateless.

I've read How to set up IPv6 for Pihole correctly? who seems to have a similar problem, but with less configuration options.

If I keep it on the stateless default, then a RA is returned with the router's DNS. The same happens on stateful. If I turn it off and enable IPv6 in the pihole then the DNS is correctly set and my client receives an IPv6 address, however internet connectivity over IPv6 no longer works (testing with https://ipv6-test.com/).

I've tried a combination of different options but nothing seems to get it working, is disabling IPv6 really the only possible option (not great for in the future), or is it a matter of configuration?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.