As discovered in DNSSEC: Spotify and Apple podcasts on iOS (which unfortunately has been closed automatically) iOS devices behave different than Windows and Android devices.
I had and still have issues with
- Spotify podcast downloads/streaming —> see linkes topic
- surfing few websites, the newest one not loading at all is newsletter.tourenfahrer.biz
One „solution“ for the Spotify issue is to disable DNSSEC, immediately everything works.
Now with newsletter.tourenfahrer.biz I don’t even see any requests in Pi-Hole from the affected iDevice (Windows and Android: works flawlessly).
Because of this I assume those requests don’t even leave the device itself but seem to be blocked locally. But because of what?
- Advanced Tracking Protection in Firefox is disabled
- Adblocking Apps for Safari have been disabled
- Is there something in the system?
It really impacts daily browsing a lot meanwhile and I‘m thankful for any ideas.