Internet Only Working on Pihole, No Ad-blocking

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Pihole server running Ubunt 18.04 operates as network-wide ad blocker. Server does not own DHCP, defer to Asus router runnint Merlin.

Actual Behaviour:

When router has pihole IP set as LAN DNS, server can connect to internet, but ads not blocked. No internet on all other devices on network.

Debug Token:

[✓] IPv4 address(es) bound to the wlp4s0 interface:
192.168.1.202/24 matches the IP found in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf

[✓] IPv6 address(es) bound to the wlp4s0 interface:
fe80::80af:bba5:d35e:3a2 does not match the IP found in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf (Use IPv6 ULA addresses for Pi-hole)

[✗] Failed to resolve ads.webmastersdirect.com via Pi-hole (192.168.1.202)

[✗] There was an error uploading your debug log.

Since debug upload failed, but I am currently connected on the pihole server, I've pasted the common debug output I've seen in other comments. I've set up the only LAN DNS to be my pihole IP, this is what triggers network-wide connectivity outage. I also have conditional forwarding set up on the pihole.

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

edit nameserver 127.0.0.1 to nameserver 9.9.9.9 or your preferred third party DNS service, save and exit

Run pihole -d and upload the log. Changing the nameserver will bypass the Pi-Hole and go directly to a third party DNS service.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.