How to stop the dnsmasq warning spam in ui?

Hi,
I have searched high and low on this forum, but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I have found why the warnings are shown, I have found they have already been in logs just recently added to the ui, I have found a list of the meaning of the warnings, but nowhere does it say what numerous people also asked for:

How do I turn it off? I do not care about the warning my cpu is running at full usage and I understand the warning and I still do not care about it as it never caused any issues and I'm hammering the pi-hole with thousands of requests (avg 800k+ requests in 24h, not a single missed one while the cpu runs at 100% as it encodes video).

My goal is to return to the behaviour when these were only in logs and weren't spamming my ui. Is there any setting I could use to filter these or disable them altogether? I am running in docker, but I am willing to switch to bare-metal if that's what it takes, Every time I visit the ui it drives me up the wall.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Those warnings about resource shortages have been added about a year ago in Dec 2021 with Pi-hole FTL v5.12, Web v5.9 and Core v5.7 released.

Searching this forum for issues on system load returns a number of hits, e.g. Getting Load issue in pihole running in VM when different instance of pihole in pizero does not have this issue - #4 by jfb or Long-term load (15min avg) larger than number of processors: 4.4 > 4 - #2 by DL6ER.

Likewise, searching our docs yields the respective CHECK_LOAD option.

2 Likes

Thank you for the links. Clearly, your google-fu is stronger than mine. I searched for How to disable dnsmasq warnings pihole docker, and found 2 threads on this forum and 1 on reddit where each asked what I did with the only answers provided being the ones I mentioned.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.