Long-term load (15min avg) larger than number of processors: 4.4 > 4

How to stop the above error message from appearing and the jumping triange with exclamation mark that accompanies it on the pihole dashboard?

Pihole performance is VERY good for the requirements here. Running a job on the same system with very low priority using nice that soaks up all the spare CPU cycles. Thus CPU utilization approaches 100% most of the time, but does not interfere with pihole peformance.

Understand why the distraction is there - though there surely should be a customization to set a trigger point or turn off this annoyance.

Any ideas of what can be done?

There surely is one. Set CHECK_LOAD=false in /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.conf.

Thank-you for such a speedy response. Much appreciated...

There was no parameter called "CHECK_LOAD" - so I added it to the bottom and restarted pihole. The triange no longer shows and will hopefully stay away :grin:

Where can I find a list of all these "missing" parameters? my version (raspberry pi) only showed these:-

DBINTERVAL=1.0
DBFILE=/etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db
MAXDBDAYS=365
RESOLVE_IPV6=no
BLOCKINGMODE=NULL
RATE_LIMIT=1500/60
PIHOLE_PTR=false
PRIVACYLEVEL=0

My bad, the blue text is clickable and takes you to the documentation of all available config settings, I should have been more explicit:

Sorry - didn't realize it was a link... my mistake, no problem. new to discourse.

It does, however, raise an issue. The man page for "pihole-FTL.conf" in the Raspberry Pi OS distribution does not include that parameter (and others) when checked. Latest versions Pi-hole [v5.7] FTL [v5.12.1] for the pi.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.