FTL keeps going offline after update to 3.0

a reboot -h now fixed it

i just wonder why the api went offline

FWIW, I did a totally fresh install of Jessie lite from the raspberry Pi website (raspberrypi.org) and as very the next step after logging in and changing my password, I installed pi-hole with the curl command -- it's now running flawlessly again. Here's the version that's currently up:

RASPBIAN JESSIE LITE
Minimal image based on Debian Jessie
Version:April 2017
Release date:2017-04-10
Kernel version:4.4

FYI: If anyone else tries this complete reinstall to fix pi-hole, you should know that the newer releases of Raspian Jessie don't enable the ssh service by default -- you need to manually make a file named "ssh" in the root directory (you can use a 'touch ssh' command via the command line, or make any file (eg text file) and just name it ssh (no extension) in the root directory of your SD card. This caught me out for a little while since it's been a long time since I did a fresh Raspian install, and I use the Pi headless.

You can also enable ssh with raspi-config.

FTL has been stable for me for the past few days now ... running 3.0.1/3.0.1a/2.6.2.

I'm setting my pi up entirely headless, so it needs SSH enabled in order to enter commands, including the raspi-config command.

pihole working perfectly so far on this new install...

8 posts were split to a new topic: Apt errors blocking installation

not sure if my problem was looked into, but i wanted to update that this is the first 24 hours of solid uptime in my lab, i think its closer to 28 exactly, since i did hupo's 'fix' of 'reboot -h' and i have not had a problem with ftl crashing pihole. all the graphs are still working, and life is wonderful again.

1 Like

That is the most important bit! :slight_smile:

FTL shouldn't crash anymore, but it may have happened that your pihole-FTL process has not been restarted successfully during your latest update and hence the running instance was still an old version.

that would explain why my FTL havent crashed since ive restarted my device

1 Like

Now FTL is back offline with a fresh install of 2017-04-10-raspbian-jessie-lite onto a USB drive (on Rpi3 with USB boot enabled). pihole updated to FTL 2.7, and it's immediately offline, lost connection to API. Tried a hard reboot (unplug) and reboot -h all with no luck.

Pi-hole Version v3.0.1 Web Interface Version v3.0.1 FTL Version v2.7
Debug Token: k7pqnlnpo8

Do you have an /var/log/pihole-FTL.log file?

The debugger warned there was no FTL.log file. I did a pihole -r and a sudo apt-get update and rebooted -- seems to be working again now.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Graphs do not display on web interface

No, FTL is online and everything works fine including 'queries over last 24hr graph'

2 posts were split to a new topic: Have to restart FTL every 30 minutes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Seeing lot of memory leakage after the recent update to 3.3