Emergency: pihole dns service

Seems like you want help, but you want it on your terms. For me, I despite not using Docker, I read this post initially, got to the point above and completely lost interest, as it came across as I want what I want without providing the requested information as it does not suit my purposes. You may disagree, but this is how I, and possibly others would interpret this sort of response.

Regarding your newer issues/comments, if I came here and saw this topic and had previously dismissed it as not applicable, it is not clear from the subject that you have additional issues like your Apple watch, not getting a hostname from DHCP, and such. If it were me, I would have created separate topic specific posts, or if I already had a post appropriate a topic used that. While this may not suit your needs, you want help, so make it easier for those you are hoping can help you. That is an approach that works for me.

Regarding the Apple watch, my family members who have WiFi based Apple watches have no issues using Pi-hole. Perhaps you are using an ad block list or have a block entry that is involved. No real idea, but that probably would get more action in this post of yours (Apple Watch issues again)

Be well.

The original issue was the DNS, then I had to recreate both databases which lead to the other issues
I have mentioned the apple watch issues twice in other posts
the hostname does seem to have got solved, but if I click on a client on the network table, it says nothing is found for it even though it says there are queries

I hate creating many topics at once as I lose track of them

I know it was working before everything got corrupt
the Wi-Fi sharing over Bluetooth does not work, and is probably blocked somewhere like before, it was just luck getting it unblocked before

You quoted an old post, I don't like the template as I find it hard to explain my points

I have provided as much information as I have

I do disagree, I know how I explain things is not the best, my choice of words could be better, but I seem to be neurodivergent

and I hate the fact that all this was sent explaining how I should write things, but no attempt to help my issues

so to make this clear all I need is:

• to find out the blocked domain for my apple watch
  • get network table to show a clients queries when clicked

wait now that seems to be working, I click the IP or hostname and I am being taken to query log with data now

not all devices give query log

One thing about the query log that you may not be aware of, is that the Pihole log you get by clicking on a Device in the Tools/Network list for "Recent Queries" only shows the last 24 hours, but the device list shows every device Pihole has ever talked to. So you may have many devices listed that have checked in with Pihole at some point, but there haven't been any "recent" queries.

To see older queries, you'll want to use "Long Term Data" in the left-hand menu. Then you can use the Search box for the specific client, etc.

maybe that is the case here
doesn't green mean last 24 hours though

anyway today everything seems fine
I still get missing hostnames randomly

Its randomly going offline, ever since I replaced the databases
and the main host system is getting high load as high as 12 on a 4 core Raspberry Pi 5
don't think pihole is causing that, but it not helping pihole with stability is it

ignored again then, I did most of the fixing this myself
nobody guided me though anything, its a good job I 95% knew what I was doing

Have you watched top to see what is causing the high load?

Corrupt files and intermittent high load sounds like a failing SD card to me.

everyone says that when they have no idea what is going on
the corrupt databases was cause by one of my sqlite scripts
it checks the database for a certain domains and send me an email if a user has been there, then deletes the domain from the database

the high load could be anything
I have been told before on raspberry pi forums, that an SD card I bought a few days before the conversation was failing, I only use good SD cards, there made for dashcams

This is a free software product supported by the devs on a volunteer basis. Having to wait a day or two for information is not unusual, and you posted your latest mere hours ago. You might need to adjust your expectations.

I would expect the longer I have the post, the quicker you answer me

Prioritise older posts first, like everyone else does

And still my issues are not 100% resolved, I would say 99% resolved, because it’s not 100% stable, going offline for a few seconds

Well I'm not a dev, so I will wait for the actual brainpower to chime in while I gracefully bow out.

And how exactly do you expect us to know this or even have an idea how to fix this?

You're incredibly demanding for support and then dismissive of the support attempts. Sometimes being under pressure is the best way to learn how to fix your own issues.

Just as you don't need to fill out the help template, we don't need to help you when you ignore the template. Take this as a lesson in how to troubleshoot and fix computer issues and a lesson in how to interact with other humans.

I fixed that by replacing the databases

Why do I always get called demanding
Yes being under pressure does make me do thing my own way but like I said it’s only 99% working

Think it’s my other raspberry pi issues though

Don’t start with this again
I my defence, you don’t get the template when you select docker
And the template makes it hard for me to explain my points

If you read above I did mention I might have ADHD, also I have social anxiety, don’t know if that is why I do these things but I don’t really interact with others humans outside on my family

That would be a great question to spend some time self-reflecting on.

anyway end of topic because I basically think I need to reinstall my OS

the high load is making pihole go offline now, it recovers though

I know I probably am demanding but that just how I think and word things

solution like it is everywhere: fix this issues yourself