Doesn't really block

Hey guys,

I installed Pi-Hole on an Lubuntu 16.04 64bit System and activated Quidsup's tracker list too.

I set the DNS Setting on my PC to the IP from Lubuntu. On my Win10 PC isn't it really blocking anything. The Ads are still showing up but when i click on it Firefox says "The Server can't be found".
By this Test it's showing me "Not working".

In the Pi-hole Menu it's showing me 22 DNS Queries Blocked Today.

What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

This means your Pi-hole is working!

There is often confusion when using a testing page such as the one you linked to. Pi-hole is not a traditional ad blocker since it blocks ads at the DNS level, so test pages like that will give you a false positive. A better test is to find a page you know has a lot of ads, then visit the page with Pi-hole enabled and see if they disappear or not.

Of course, it is just as easy to view your Web interface and the query log to determine when ads are blocked :wink: .

1 Like

I looked through some sites. The ads are still there but if i click on then i won't redirected to the site. Is this how the Pi-hole works? :confused:

We have a blacklist, which you can use for ads that are not blocked by default. You can also supplement the default lists from other sources.

What websites still have ads displayed?

I reinstalled it and now it works perfect :slight_smile: