DNS resolution failure

Hi, I'm trying to set up Pi-Hole for the first time on a Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work and I can't figure out why. I have the Raspberry Pi set up with a static IP on the router, and set the DNS address to this IP. However, no DNS gets resolved.

I have tried pihole -r without success

Expected Behaviour:

The Raspberry Pi is set up with a static IP on the router, and this IP is set to resolve DNS.

Actual Behaviour:

DNS queries fail. I can't load or ping any websites.

Debug Token:

x3o3jox7sp

Your debug log shows that your Pi-Hole is working. This section of the debug log tests DNS resolution several different ways, and all were successful:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] ads233.hpg.ig.com.br is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✓] ads233.hpg.ig.com.br is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (192.168.1.10)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 216.58.208.142 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

The problem is likely in your router setup. A good first step to test the Pi-Hole from a client is to assign the Pi-Hole IP as DNS on that specific client (not going through the router DNS assignment to get to the Pi-Hole)

Here is a good guide to get your clients onto Pi-Hole:

Thank you! It looks like my broadband provider's router has known issues with this. Now using Pi-Hole as the DHCP server and all is well.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.