Commonly Whitelisted Domains

These are domains, not URL's.

I'm new so I don't have permission to edit the original Wiki post. I wanted to add the following item.

Videos in weather.com

pihole -w v.w-x.co

`

iHeart Radio (and Plex Podcast) - unblock this domain for the actual stream needed:

chtbl.com

"Domains used by Plex" can not be copy/pasted due to the use of the hypen in the section. Changing it to a hash (#) would allow it to be copy/pasted while maintaining the context.

The post is a wiki so you should be able to edit it. Are you unable to edit the post?

I couldn't yesterday as I was too new, I can now and will. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm new so I can't edit but these are required for sales/technical support chat for Optus (Australian Internet Provider) lptag.messaging.optus.com.au lp-01.messaging.optus.com.au lpcdn.messaging.optus.com.au

1 Like

Microsoft store needs storeedgefd.dsx.mp.microsoft.com to open up

A post was split to a new topic: Whitelist is not allowing site

You need to whitelist edge.activity.windows.com to sync microsoft edge with other devices.

Origin needs to load savegames in the cloud

cloudsync-prod.s3.amazonaws.com

MSNBC video player

pihole -w snappytvpoc-vh.akamaihd.net

Added tagger.opecloud.com towards Whitelist entries for Bild.de, as of discovered by this thread and confirmed by me.

Facebook & Facebook Messenger

For Facebook & Facebook Messenger users, the whitelisted domains from the original post did not allow any chat history on Messenger or Facebook websites to load. These are the domains that I whitelisted to access Facebook Messenger's chat history and Facebook's website:

Facebook's website:

pihole -w www.facebook.com

Facebook Messenger:

pihole -w scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net static.xx.fbcdn.net edge-chat.messenger.com video.xx.fbcdn.net

Facebook Messenger (Same as above but only if you want to see the domains individually per input):

pihole -w scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net
pihole -w static.xx.fbcdn.net
pihole -w edge-chat.messenger.com
pihole -w video.xx.fbcdn.net

Note for the above domains
I use Microsoft Edge as my browser so that's why (at least I think) I whitelisted edge-chat.messenger.com to get it working.

Please feel free to correct me if I did something wrong. New account, and newbie to pihole :slight_smile: I also edited the main wiki post with the same domain under the Facebook section.

To allow searching and downloading Updates for Microsoft Edge Browser this domain is required:

msedge.api.cdp.microsoft.com

Thank you!

I have some problems to see the Microsoft Store Page.

Only with this Whitelisted Pages I can reach the Microsoft Store:

dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com
geo-prod.do.dsp.mp.microsoft.com
displaycatalog.mp.microsoft.com
client.wns.windows.com
storeedgefd.dsx.mp.microsoft.com
tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com

The whitelist command should be revised. thanks

Google Account Settings (Security, etc) access from Android Device

android.googleapis.com

I had to whitelist this to get access to my Google account settings via smartphone (OnePlus 8T)

yahoo.com's thumbnails break if these are blocked.

pihole -w s.yimg.com s1.yimg.com
or you can use regex below to whitelist both at once
pihole -w ^s1?\.yimg[\.a-z]+$

Minecraft Realms Plus (paid service) - uploads were being blocked.
Whitelist the following domains to allow saved worlds to be uploaded to the Minecraft/MS servers:

fp.msedge.net
minecraftprod.rtep.msgamestudios.com