Commonly Whitelisted Domains

Hi team - I've just spotted that g.live.com isn't just used for xbox live achievements, but it's also used to store account info and bitlocker keys in your microsoft account

Canon printer need this domain to check for firmware update :

gdlp01.c-wss.com

A post was split to a new topic: Need help unblocking a domain for some game

Had to whitelist the following to get Playstation recently played games working (and perhaps trophies?) on a PS5:

telemetry-console.api.playstation.com

The trophy part is unclear. It could just be that I couldn't find them in the Android app because it didn't think I'd played the game or maybe it wasn't logging trophies at all.

This isn't in the stock lists I don't think, but I have a regex for telemetry.

Got one for you! This was driving me insane!!

mobileandroidapi.punchh.com

I had a number of mobile apps for restaurants that would never work at home until I realized it was PiHole blocking them. It only happened once in a blue moon when I needed to use an app. If I kicked the phone off of WiFi, then it would work fine and I thought it had to do with WiFi for some reason since I have a cell repeater that rides the network. Then finally it occurred to me that the repeater is inline before it hits PiHole. So then I watched the logs as I opened the offending apps and there it was!

Example restaurant apps it was blocking:

• Farmer Boys
  • El Pollo Loco
  • Capriotti's

Any app designed by punchh.com's platform.

Now to figure out how it is blocking the T-Mobile Tuesday promo options that pop up in the Burger King app. The app works perfectly, but whenever an image/button is added to the specials (like there is this week), you can't click it. It's like the action/url assigned to it is stripped away. I can't tell from the logs though as nothing pops up when I click on it.

1 Like

Hello.

I have a problem with Facebook.
When I go to the side with the Whitelist-Entries here above

I can also see the Messanger... But when I want to answer a message, then I can't send my new message. It will do nothing.

Can someone help me? What can I do?

Thx

Where are you from? Are you sure it's not connected to this issue? https://www.rappler.com/technology/apps/facebook-messenger-downtime-december-10-2020

Hey.
I am from Germany. This Issue I have also on 09.12. and 10.12. I dont know, I the Problems are because These Report. When I Turn of the PiHole Service Then the messanger is running Fine.

Hello.

Hello.
I still have these problems with facebook. Sometimes the pages or notifications are not displayed and the messenger only works until a message is sent. Something has to be released. Because as soon as I deactivate PiHole, it runs wonderfully.

Figured out the Burger King app issue where nothing loads when pressing the new specials/images (T-Mobile Tuesday deals). Was able to get the app working by adding rest.iad-03.braze.com to the whitelist. Hope this helps!

1 Like

That didn't work when I tried it, however adding "appboy-images.com" did! This let me through finally when clicking on the image. Found it in the query logs this round, although when I tried it before I never saw that in the logs. shrug. So that works for the BK app.

1 Like

Awesome! I did notice that address in the logs as well but whitelisted just in case now. No more turning off WiFi to get it working!

Android TV require this domain to download updates :
redirector.gvt1.com

There are millions of Android TV's out there. You have to be more specific?

For Spotify to work on tv add api-tv.spotify.com in whitelist.

For Indian Users if you want to use OLA MONEY Postpaid to pay your dues, do whitelist logs.juspay.in

For Citizen's Bank:
p11.techlab-cdn.com

some know what I need for Pinterest ? thanks

Thats actually nice, i hate windows updates.

The TSB Mobile banking app tries to get to the following URLs. You cannot login to the app after registering for the first time if all of them are blocked, it says you have to re-register the app. However if you unblock the first one and restart the app and try again then it works okay.
h-sdk.online-metrix.net
api.apptentive.com
csi.gstatic.com
tags.tiqcdn.com

1 Like