Commonly Whitelisted Domains

Pihole was blocking Upgrade to Windows 11 so i disabled it and i get the updates, i dont know which link to whitelist, i just give information about that.

When using Chrome browser on a mobile device if you visit a Reddit post it will ask you if you want to open the post in the official Reddit app. You have to unblock this domain or it won't load the specific post, just the app itself.

pihole -w api2.branch.io

To be specific, the domain to be whitelisted is:

api2.branch.io

These ones are needed for using BBC iPlayer on Google TV:

mybbc-analytics.files.bbci.co.uk
a1.api.bbc.co.uk

1 Like

Comments on ign.com articles disappeared after I installed Pi-hole. Whitelisting the domain below as a wildcard caused them to reappear.

api-2-0.spot.im

Yes this one is really good but you need to manually do it.
So if you want to add a whitelist but there are too many domains in it; do as follow :

• connect to your pihole with ssh (or just access the terminal)

nano whitelist

(or you can use vim because it's cool)

• copy and paste (if your with ssh) the content of your whitelist in that file (created with vim).
  • save & quit

while read domain; do pihole -w $domain; done < <(cat whitelist)

(you type it directly in the terminal, no need to create a file)

• And voilà

I had to whitelist the domain

imagesvc.meredithcorp.io

To allow images to show up on people.com

I had to whitelist the domains

geolocation.onetrust.com
privacyportal-de.onetrust.com

To get Disney+ Hot Star to work on Android App on Nvidia Shield TV

for bild.de "c.amazon-adsystem.com" has to be whitelisted.

pihole -w c.amazon-adsystem.com

the complete code for all relevant tags would be:

pihole -w www.asadcdn.com code.bildstatic.de de.ioam.de json.bild.de script.ioam.de tags.tiqcdn.com tagger.opecloud.com c.amazon-adsystem.com

I had to whitelist

js.stripe.com

to be able to view a campain on indiegogo
Otherwhise I can only view the header and the footer of the page and not the actual content

Disney Plus on Roku is an annoying problem as of late. I whitelisted the following to get it to work (NOTE: I added them as Wildcard Domains to the Whitelist):

• disneyplus.com
  • bamgrid.com
  • bam.nr-data.net
  • cdn.registerdisney.go.com
  • cws.conviva.com
  • d9.flashtalking.com
  • disney-portal.my.onetrust.com
  • disneyplus.bn5x.net
  • js-agent.newrelic.com
  • disney-plus.net
  • dssott.com
  • adobedtm.com

I would add these directly to the Wiki, but I just created my account which probably is why I don't have an edit button available.

A special thank you to OpenDNS for providing this list

1 Like

Microsoft's Quick Assist stopped working for me again, the site I had to white list was

az416426.vo.msecnd.net

Started working again right away after whitelisting.

Game Pass on Xbox
pihole -w licensing.mp.microsoft.com

#!/bin/bash
# 20211117: foresthus

FETCHURL="https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210060"
cd /tmp
rm -f *pihole*.txt

echo "######################################################################"
echo "All files in /tmp/ with someting in the name called *pihole*.txt is deleted."
echo "We are fetching the fqdns from this URL: "$FETCHURL "to generate two files for whitelisting apple-fqdns and apple white-regex in a pihole commandline text."

curl $FETCHURL |grep "</tr><tr><td>" | cut -d "<" -f4 |cut -d ">" -f2 | grep -v "/" | grep -v "*." | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e "s/.*/pihole -w &/" > /tmp/`date '+%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M'`_pihole_whitelist_apple.urls.txt
curl $FETCHURL |grep "</tr><tr><td>" | cut -d "<" -f4 |cut -d ">" -f2 | grep -v "/" | grep "*." | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e "s/.*/pihole --white-regex &/" > /tmp/`date '+%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M'`_pihole_regex_apple.urls.txt

echo "pihole whitelist and the pihole white-regex-list is placed under /tmp/"
ls -ltr /tmp/*pihole*.txt

2022.01.07-17.58_pihole_whitelist_apple.urls.txt (1.6 KB)
2022.01.07-17.58_pihole_regex_apple.urls.txt (330 Bytes)

1 Like

Who really wants to use Microsoft Edge Browser "from the bottom of his/her/its hearts"???

TL;DR and sorry, this blog post is in german only…

Edge is transferring not only every domain, but every complete URL someone has visited via nav.smartscreen.microsoft.com to Microsoft :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: But this can be disabled in settings… But who knows this fact, that "Defender SmartScreen" doesn't check for "malicious domains" locally as Chrome, Firefox, Safari do…?

2 Likes

FYI: Epic Games friends list is broken with some black lists (At least on Xbox, in game).

Add Whitelist RegEx

(\.|^)epicgames\.com$

add this link in white list for solve some problem:

• Whitout, timbox (italy box isp for smart tv) not work
pihole -w tim.d3.sc.omtrdc.net
  • On app if they don't upload Facebook post comments
pihole -w graph.facebook.com
  • If the google translate app stops loading translations
pihole -w translate.google.com

You must whitelist the below site for the Discovery Plus app on the Nvidia Shield TV to stream cooking shows.

x-default-stgec.uplynk.com

The 3rd line under whatsapp
pihole --white-regex ^((www|(w[0-9]\.)?web|media((-[a-z]{3}|\.[a-z]{4})[0-9]{1,2}-[0-9](\.|-)(cdn|fna))?)\.)?whatsapp\.(com|net)$

is giving an error
bash: syntax error near unexpected token ('`

1 Like

I have the same issue with this line...

pihole --white-regex ^((www|(w[0-9].)?web|media((-[a-z]{3}|.[a-z]{4})[0-9]{1,2}-0-9(cdn|fna))?).)?whatsapp.(com|net)$