Blocking Youtube on specific clients

Hello,

I have a linksys router setup for DHCP. I have setup Pi-Hole and it is running. DNS IP of PI is setup in the linksys router. Main purpose of this is to block youtube on certain devices. I had added youtube as blacklist and it is working, every device on my network cant access youtube.

I would like to block it at certain client devices. What is the best way to do this ?
Currently the pi-hole web gui only shows 2 clients. local host and my router.

I have tried to setup Conditional forwarding, and it didn't make a difference. (Maybe i set it up wrong)
192.168.1.0/24 is what i used. I am using a 192.168.1.0 home network. 192.168.1.1 is router, I have it limited to 60 IP's in the router but I can increase that if needed.

Ideally if i could create a group, and then attach clients to that group and have those clients use the blacklist. All from the pi-hole web gui that would be fine. if my other option is to just static assign the IP and dns (PI) on each device i can do that as well.

Pi-Hole v5.6
FTL v5.11
Web Interface v5.8

Thank You

For group management to work, Pi-hole needs to identify the requesting client, so that client can be governed by the correct group.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.