Asus RT-AC87U

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

After about 10 minutes I'm getting 15k queries.

I've got the PiHole DNS set to my router.

In the LAN and WAN settings on my router I've got the IP of the PiHole in the DNS #1 settings.

I've got "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" turned on, which seems to help it work, and I've got 8.8.8.8 as the secondary DNS in both options because otherwise it seems I get no internet access from anything.

anyone with the same router care to share your config? I'm using asuswrt merlin.

debug log: uploaded - token below

Expected Behaviour:

[Replace this text with what you think should be happening]

Actual Behaviour:

[replace this text with what is actually happening]

Debug Token:

7unod6n9u0

Is there a reason you have Pi-Hole using the router as the upstream DNS server? You can use Google or your preferred upstream server in Pi-Hole and not send DNS traffic back to the router.

The screen capture of the dashboard doesn't account for that level of traffic - do you have some domains excluded from the top lists (Admin GUI > settings > API/Web interface)?

I've just been playing with the settings and changing things
until it worked. Some settings I was getting 0 domains blocked on
pihole, other times my entire internet connection wouldn't work.

The other guy says "First you put twice in the upstream DNS the

local address. If Pi-hole is running on the Asus then twice
192.168.2.62."

Like, I have no idea what this even means.

"First you put twice in the upstream DNS the local address. If Pi-hole is running on the Asus then twice 192.168.2.62."

why would I put the same DNS address twice in the upstream? if upstream #1 doesn't work (it doesn't) then my whole network fails and I get no internet connection. I have to put google DNS in the 2nd DNS server in order to get an outside connection, even though it does appear to be blocking things now. Hold on, let me disconnect my my VPN on my PC and test the phiole test page.

https://imgur.com/a/nz5H8xr

Seems to be working and blocking ads with my desktop (PIA VPN) app turned off, but that could be cached domains etc so I'll reboot and update.

sorry but the whole screen 1 2 4 blabla just tell me what setting it is don't refer to my screenshots they are merely for your informational purposes.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.