Allow easy editing of IP address/hostname in static DHCP mappings

Currently to change a static reservation you have to delete the entry, then after the page reloads and the data has disappeared, re-add it. This usually means copying the MAC address into the clipboard, then re-typing the IP/hostname with the require changes.

It'd be great if there was an Edit button or something, even if it just did the same as the Delete button but pre-populated the row of input boxes with the old values for tweaking/adding again.

sudo nano /etc/dnsmasq.d/04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf
sudo service pihole-FTL reload

:wink:

4 Likes

Aha! I didn't realise they were in a flat file like that. I don't seem to have nano in the Docker version, but I can see that file is populated with cat, so I can find a way to edit it. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm using pi-hole as DHCP server and I added all my home devices to the reservation list and assigned them static IP address. I recently wanted to change few devices IP assignments and I realized there is no way to update existing reservation record to a new IP address.

I have to delete table row, add a new one and re-type MAC address again.

Is there a way to add update functionality to "Static DHCP leases configuration" table at /admin/settings.php?tab=piholedhcp?

P.S. As a workaround I ended up modifying /etc/dnsmasq.d/04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf directly so I don't have to retype MAC address.

Another feature to bring to this, when the developer pick this up: if I delete a current active DHCP lease, the operation is completed without the page being refreshed.

My request is that adding /removing static leases also operates within the page, without an entire refresh. Only when the user clicks on Save it will dump the content on the screen to the /etc/dnsmasq.d/04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf file.

Additionally, the user could be warned if leaving the page without clicking on the Save button.

Thanks

Pi-hole v6 will have an input box to manage static DHCP mappings.