WPAD Activity Reported

Thanks to Pi-hole I've discovered that wpad.domainname is really very busy even when the Windows 10 machine (where it probably originates) is dormant (power off but wake-up active). There is no known IP address associated with wpad.domainname but Pi-hole reports that the calls to this FQDN came from the dormant Windows 10 desktop that I have. Is there a DNS query client (i.e. standalone rather than the current query reports)? Thanks.

Regards.

It's not clear what you are looking for. Please elaborate.

There was a command line feature in DNS under Windows Server to examine the records "registered" by DNS. I am having "teething" issues because I have to seem to "lost access" to the router (AC-RT66U) after removing its DNS service and redirecting all such work to Pi-hole. Please bear with me because I have limited knowledge about these matters.

In other words, DHCP service at the router does not seem to send any DNS "registration" to Pi-hole. I have had to manually set DNS at each LAN device (mandatory for the static IP, of course, but I thought the router would send the dynamic IP to Pi-hole).

There is a lot of network traffic (and my skills with network monitoring/tracing are strictly limited). I want to understand whether the router is sending data. I cannot access the router even by IP address but the LAN devices traverse from intranet to internet without issues. So I thought that I could query the Pi-hole DNS records to see if any data was received when I rebooted the various LAN devices individually.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. (I cannot use DHCP via Pi-hole because of some dependencies on LAN devices that I cannot reconfigure and using two DHCP servers, technically permissible, would cause more headaches for me with the party whose devices are off limits to me!).

Regards.