Wireless Repeater showing up as not using pi hole

I recently purchased a wireless repeater in hopes of getting wifi in our so called "dead zones" in our house. I have set up pi hole and have DHCP servers activated. I have added the wireless repeater in the DHCP leases and have set up my repeater to use my pi's DNS ip. The devices connected to the repeater show up as devices which use pi hole but not the repeater. Is there any thing to do??
Thanks In advance

I would not expect the repeater itself to need a DNS server, and if it did it would likely use the DNS of the wireless network that it is repeating. I assume the repeater is in bridge mode (or similar) and is doing neither NAT nor DHCP.

1 Like

It was using DHCP until I installed pi-hole. My router is configured to use my pi's DNS so I beleive that the Repeater does work for pi-hole as the device which are connected to the repeater show up as using pi-hole but the repeater itself does not show up as using pi hole

jfb is correct.

To put it a bit more colourful:
Your repeater only pushes packets from address One to address Two on your local network.
There is no reason why it should file a DNS request itself.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.