Will this soon be a Menu select feature for us non-programmers?

Continuing the discussion from DHCP server MAC-address filtering:

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

Expected Behaviour:

[Replace this text with what you think should be happening. Please include as much detail as possible including, but not limited to:
-operating system
-hardware]

Actual Behaviour:

[replace this text with what is actually happening]

Debug Token:

[Replace this text with the debug token provided from running pihole -d (or running the debug script through the web interface]

What discussion are you continuing? Is this intended to be a feature request?

I do suspect this is a half-hearted feature request, seeing the rest of the post hasn't been filled in and seems to be a single line question.

I made the first topic about whitelisting 2 years ago, looking back implementing it wasn't so hard, and it really saved my rear with the problem I was having (rudimentary network access control to keep unauthorized users from that particular network).

I had some hard time about finding out how to achieve the whitelisting, but with help from this great forum it was extremely easy. I'd recommend the topicstarter pfudnut to learn how to do this himself. I tried to put in the solution and my steps in the previous discussion. Were they not clear enough? I am not a programmer, and learning this did not requiring to learn programming. It's all basic linux skills, working with nano text editor to create and maintain a config file.

Sure, it would be a nice feature to have in the GUI, but then again I don't see many pihole users using this. With the steps from my previous post, you should be able to achieve whitelisting as desired.

Just my 2cents

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.