Whitelisting failure/DNS flushing not working?

I added a domain (campaignmonitor.com) to the whitelist via CLI. Domain is present in the web admin whitelist and /etc/pihole/whitelist.txt. I restarted dns on the Raspberry Pi, and restarted the Raspiberry Pi. I flushed the cache on my computer (macOS 10.13.4). I cleared cached data in my browser (Chrome) and tested in private browsing mode in Chrome/Safari/Firefox.

I just updated pihole to 3.3.1 in hopes this would resolve the whitelisting issue.

Expected Behaviour:

Site would load.

Actual Behaviour:

Displayed "Website Blocked" message - "This is primarily due to being flagged as 'Not found on any Blacklist'".

However, the domain (and subdomains) are listed in list.6.hosts-file.net.domains (according to pihole -q)

Query log shows domain with status as "pi-holed".

Debug Token:

rfsg3l3hh0

Does the problem still happen after a manual pihole -g run? This isn't a permanent solution, but trying to narrow down where it might be found.

Not exactly.

After the manual pihole -g run, attempting to load the whitelisted domain, the browser gave a generic ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error page - not the typical pihole one.

please also try pihole -g -f it was found during testing and troubleshooting that sometimes a fush run of gravity was required

1 Like

Whoa! That worked!

The whitelisted domain is now working.

I also just added another domain to the whitelist (via CLI), which hadn't worked before, and that domain is now correctly whitelisted. Thank you!

Glad to hear its working have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.