Whitelist still not working?

Hi,

sometimes my whitelist works and sometimes it doesn't. I thought that bug had been fixed. what can I do to make it work permanently?

best wishes!

You have not given us much to work with. Please describe the specific problem you are seeing (expected vs actual behavior with details), upload a debug log and post the token.

I expect the whitelist to work, but it doesn't. the bug has apparently been reported before since many users experienced this behaviour. unfortunately it has not been fixed. I use the newest pi hole on a Pi3 b+. it works as expected, but the whitelist does what it wants.
how can I fix this?

What specifically is happening? What are you whitelisting that remains blocked? We need details to help resolve your problem.

bild.de and chip.de are whitelisted, but they are still blocked. they worked yesterday, today they don't. tomorrow... who knows.
when I disable pi hole they work again.

Please post the details of your pihole.log showing these queries and replies, along with the contents of your whitelist.

here is the newest pihole.log when I tried to get to bild.de

and here is the content of my whitelist:

Whitelist

Add a domain (example.com or sub.example.com)

bild.de
chip.de

"bild.de" and "www.bild.de" are two different domains. When you load the website you posted as "http://bild.de/", this actually loads "https://www.bild.de".

To whitelist this site, you will need to have "www.bild.de" in your whitelist.

dig +short bild.de

dig +short www.bild.de
www.bild.de.edgekey.net.
e24152.g.akamaiedge.net.

just whitelisted them. do I need to restart the system for this to take effect?

No, but your browser will likely have the old information in cache. You may need to wait a few minutes for the cache to expire or clear the cache in the browser.

just cleared the firefox cache and even restarted. to no positive ending. it still blocks the page.

Since I'm not a native German speaker (or German speaker of any kind, actually), is that page telling you that you are running an adblocker and to turn it off?

These tools will help you find out which domains are being blocked that are interfering with loading this web page:

In your screenshot, www.bild.de works as expected. However, you are seeing a page from BILD that tells you to disable your adblocker which is probably just not what you expected to see.

Go to your Query Log and whitelist the blocked (red) domains that are used by BILD for adblocker detection. They tend to vary so I cannot provide a recommendation for you.

ok, thanks for all your help to everybody. since they might change their adblock detection and I would constantly be unblocking sites and whitelisting, I have decided to just disable pihole for the 30 seconds I visit that page once a day.
I hope those pages really take a monetary hit through ad blockers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.