Waipu lags after PiHole installation

Hello there,

I have bought a Pi 4 2 GB for my mother who watches TV via Waipu.TV on an Amazon Fire TV stick.
After the installation of PiHole with the SemperVideo block lists (specials/Blocklisten at master · RPiList/specials · GitHub) she reported that there are small lags while streaming. I can confirm that and sometimes the lags are quite severe so watching TV properly is not possible.
The router used is a FritzBox 7530, DNS server is Google DNS. Internet speed is 100.000 kbit/s so this is not the problem. Without the PiHole, everything runs perfectly.

I can not see any domain that I can whitelist in the query log as almost every domain is green-listed (except for some "spy" domains of e.g. Microsoft from her computer).
I assume that the way DNS query -> PiHole check -> redirection to Google DNS causes a delay.
If I give the Amazon stick a static IP address, is there any possibility to make an exception so the way via PiHole can be prevented? Or do you have any other hints?

Regards
cdk201

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.