V4.3 FTL download and dns-servers.conf issue

Hello,
First time posting, not sure if this is the correct way to do this. Just attempted to update to the latest version and the update gets hung on the downloading and installing FTL...
Submitted debug token
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/ygrqpf1fo4!

im on 4.19 Kernel if that helps. i ran the update on another pihole i have at a family members house that is on an older version of kernel (4.17 i think) and theirs worked without issue

Thank you

EDIT:
settings page shows:

Error

There was a problem applying your settings.
Debugging information:
PHP error (2): fopen(/etc/pihole/dns-servers.conf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/scripts/pi-hole/php/savesettings.php:130

What is the output of these commands?

pihole -r # Choose "Repair"
ls -l /etc/pihole/dns-servers.conf

Cannot complete pihole -r as it gets hung on the "Downloading and installing FTL..."

Output for ls command says:
Cannot access, no such directory or file

Are you able to access the internet on that device?

Yes, I am able to access internet and pihole is still blocking ads, it updated everything but the FTL

What's the output of these commands?

curl -sI https://github.com/pi-hole/FTL/releases/latest
curl -sI https://github.com/pi-hole/FTL/releases/latest | grep "Location" | awk -F '/' '{print $NF}'

Blockquote
What’s the output of these commands?

curl -sI Release v5.24 · pi-hole/FTL · GitHub
curl -sI Release v5.24 · pi-hole/FTL · GitHub | grep "Location" | awk -F '/' '{print $NF}'

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ curl -sI Release v5.24 · pi-hole/FTL · GitHub
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: GitHub.com
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 00:53:18 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Vary: X-PJAX
Cache-Control: no-cache
Set-Cookie: has_recent_activity=1; path=/; expires=Mon, 20 May 2019 01:53:18 -0000
Set-Cookie: logged_in=no; domain=.github.com; path=/; expires=Fri, 20 May 2039 00:53:18 -0000; secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: _gh_sess=bHBJZjlQSURzQ2tTZGhDb2lTVUxpeWdoV0VuYUFBMU9GQWtJRUtsc0dUTHk2V0k0WjBRbHJ3bXJ4TXh2VzA0c1dmWkdVdGdoUzBLRG1xOEF4OFF0THkzcUdQUjhYSkF6SU9tOWhkSXRuZVJ0UVQ5SmR0eTYzUDMwZVcvTnBWT09VQ0xLNkNjOEdoMUVzZTVKVHg2aXNyaFBWS0JWd3ZRS1UvV1hyL3N5eU1iY2ZRM3dXd1Y0NHE4OGd5WGZhUHhELS1QdnFoZE15SHMya0hDcHBOQjdYTUhnPT0%3D--c9aeefad6993d6eef62c942977f531cc7bec1c1e; path=/; secure; HttpOnly
X-Request-Id: c7769057-c081-4347-b70e-a0de1a070c70
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains; preload
X-Frame-Options: deny
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Expect-CT: max-age=2592000, report-uri="https://api.github.com/_private/browser/errors"
Content-Security-Policy: default-src 'none'; base-uri 'self'; block-all-mixed-content; connect-src 'self' uploads.github.com www.githubstatus.com collector.githubapp.com api.github.com www.google-analytics.com github-cloud.s3.amazonaws.com github-production-repository-file-5c1aeb.s3.amazonaws.com github-production-upload-manifest-file-7fdce7.s3.amazonaws.com github-production-user-asset-6210df.s3.amazonaws.com wss://live.github.com; font-src github.githubassets.com; form-action 'self' github.com gist.github.com; frame-ancestors 'none'; frame-src render.githubusercontent.com; img-src 'self' data: github.githubassets.com identicons.github.com collector.githubapp.com github-cloud.s3.amazonaws.com *.githubusercontent.com; manifest-src 'self'; media-src 'none'; script-src github.githubassets.com; style-src 'unsafe-inline' github.githubassets.com
X-GitHub-Request-Id: E8B4:2FD7:4E707:87516:5CE1FA7E

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ curl -sI Release v5.24 · pi-hole/FTL · GitHub | grep "Location" | awk -F '/' '{print $NF}'
v4.3

I'm seeing the same issue. I had to repair multiple pi-hole installs that had the exact same issue all at the same time.

What was your solution for repairing them?

I just ran pihole -r and did the repair. The repair corrected the issue and kept the configuration.

Regards,

Michael

I had this same issue after the upgrade to 4.3
sudo pihole -r fixed the missing dns file required !

Thanks!

I had the same issue. I did a sudo restart and now my pihole and entire network is offline. No clue how to get it back up without starting from scratch. Anyone able to help?

I fixed mine by:

reboot
disable pihole
sudo rpi-update
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
pihole -up
fix blocklist
enabled pihole
(italic items = code you put into terminal)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.