Unsupported OS detected on update to v5.1.2

I have error when I try to update...

See:

root@thor:~# pihole -up
  [i] Checking for updates...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com
  [i] Pi-hole Core:     up to date
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/pi-hole/AdminLTE.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com
  [i] Web Interface:    up to date
  [i] FTL:              update available

[i] FTL out of date, it will be updated by the installer.

[✓] Root user check

.;;,.
        .ccccc:,.
         :cccclll:.      ..,,
          :ccccclll.   ;ooodc
           'ccll:;ll .oooodc
             .;cll.;;looo:.
                 .. ','.
                .',,,,,,'.
              .',,,,,,,,,,.
            .',,,,,,,,,,,,....
          ....''',,,,,,,'.......
        .........  ....  .........
        ..........      ..........
        ..........      ..........
        .........  ....  .........
          ........,,,,,,,'......
            ....',,,,,,,,,,,,.
               .',,,,,,,,,'.
                .',,,,,,'.
                  ..'''.

[✓] Update local cache of available packages
  [i] Existing PHP installation detected : PHP version 7.3.19-1~deb10u1
  [i] Performing unattended setup, no whiptail dialogs will be displayed
  [✓] Disk space check

[✓] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages... up to date!

[i] Installer Dependency checks...
  [✓] Checking for dhcpcd5
  [✓] Checking for git
  [✓] Checking for iproute2
  [✓] Checking for whiptail
  [✓] Checking for dnsutils

[✗] Unsupported OS detected
      https://docs.pi-hole.net/main/prerequesites/#supported-operating-systems

This check can be skipped by setting the environment variable PIHOLE_SKIP_OS_CHECK to true
      e.g: export PIHOLE_SKIP_OS_CHECK=true
      By setting this variable to true you acknowledge there may be issues with Pi-hole during or after the install
      If that is the case, you can feel free to ask the community on Discourse with the Community Help category:
      https://discourse.pi-hole.net/c/bugs-problems-issues/community-help/

Unable to complete update, please contact Pi-hole Support
root@thor:~#

It´s a strange, but today, I see that IPV6 doesn´t work anymore too...

When I try "pihole -r" nothing happens. MY ISP delivers IPV6 and it was working ...
I already tried to restart the pi-hole and my router ..

From the Pi terminal, what is the output of the following:

pihole -q github.com

nslookup github.com

Hi jfb...

I am seeing several problems with my pi-hole and my orange pi pc ...

Right now, I won't be able to stop to check all of them, I believe the simplest thing is to start the configuration again and then "kill" all these errors ...

I have an IPV6 error that I can't solve in any way and it worked well, now I have an error in DNS to resolve the pi-hole.net domain (I'm using unbound) ...

But, thanks for trying to help me right now ...

I think I've managed to get Pi-Hole to work properly before, so it will work again, soon!

Same for me:

[✗] Unsupported OS detected: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
      https://docs.pi-hole.net/main/prerequesites/#supported-operating-systems

Use the instructions that follow that output and let us know if that doesn't work.

Thanks @s.beimer and @DanSchaper for share the documentation...

As explained above, I was observing other problems in the Linux Armbian OS and I confess that I found it somewhat "delicate" in some configurations ...

I have some experience with Linux, I'm not entirely a layman, of course, it's always a reason for new learning ...

At the company I work for, I'm a Linux novice, but with the help of friends, I developed new knowledge and I like Linux in general.

Now, I decided to remove Armbian and put Debian, from the OrangePi website and I am reconfiguring everything again. When I say "all over again", I mean generating the OS on the memory card, configuring fixed IP in eth0, configuring the hostname in / etc / hostname, adjusting the hosts in / etc / hosts, reconfiguring the unbound again on my OrangePiPC ... and with that, I learn more and more to do pleasurable things that in a way, Windows took us away ...

Ahh, I use Windows 10 in many daily tasks for ease - but I must confess that lately, working with many Linux servers, I "forgot" a little about my MCSA certification and I am giving more value to my LPIC-1 and until the end of the year, if God wants and helps me, I will be able to take LPIC-2.

Cheers friends ... from Brazil!

A post was split to a new topic: Unsupported OS update to V5.2

Off topic: I find this version of Windows especially annoying. I use Windows 8 for the two applications I have to use Windows for. Windows 10 made (yet another) redesign of everything and it is hard to find settings... You am basically unable to change anything more complex than the screen resolution without having to Google how to do it. They apparently assume their users are too stupid so they hide the more "dangerous" options behind a series of 12 clicks. So users don't accidentally do "rong" things. They know what is good for them. Reminds me of the black-lives-matter_I-know-what-is-good-for-them debate...

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.