Unresponsive Fresh Install on Proxmox Cluster

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

• Proxmox Container based on Debian 10,
  • AMD64 architecture,
  • 512MB RAM,
  • 1024MB SWAP,
  • 8GiB root disk,
  • No firewall configured internally,

Expected Behaviour:

Install went smoothly, the web UI and the command line interface seem to be working correctly, I am able to use the container as a DNS server, with a static IP, as I previously have.

Actual Behaviour:

_ Install went smoothly, the web UI and the command line interface seem to be working correctly, but I am unable to use the container as a DNS server, despite it having a static IP and no firewalled ports. Ports 22, 53, & 80 are open and not filtered._

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/86jfdx5wdv

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] www.3dstats.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✓] www.3dstats.com is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (192.168.1.2)
[✗] Failed to resolve doubleclick.com via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

Check your firewall for blocks on outgoing port 53 traffic to the internet.

That's strange, I opened the diagnostic tab in the web UI and it didn't tell me anything.
I'll look into blocked port 53,

Thank you very much for your help

OK,
so I can get addresses if I ask my router(s) for them, but the second I try to request a lookup from anyone else (Google, Cloudflare, etc.) it just chugs until it times out.

Do you have any thoughts on what might be going on here?
I can't see anything in my OpenWRT firewall that would be causing this.
My OpenWRT router is hooked into a Centurylink provided router, could they be blocking DNS requests?

How would I even go about figuring out where the breakdown is?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.