Unraid docker install... dnsmasq.d permission denied

my pihole was working just fine. then i decided to put a larger cache drive in the unraid server that pihole runs in. it all seemed to go smoothly, until i checked on the pihole. it says Lost connection to api across the top of the dashboard. the diagnostic tool says:
DNSMASQ_CONFIG FTL failed to start due to cannot access directory /etc/dnsmasq.d: Permission denied

i was unable to resolve it quickly so i just nuked the pihole and reinstalled it. but it still says the same thing. to upgrade my cache disk i used the mover to pull everything off the original cache disk, did the swap, then used mover again. i feel like i should be able to just chnge the permissions on the folder and file but, doing it thru krusader didn't work. i think changed permissions from the pihole console, but it doesn't work so maybe not? i'm not sure i am using the right commands, or that i'm inputting them in the right place... . it's always something. heh.
any ideas how to resolve this?

tbf, i don't know that the cache disk upgrade has anything to do with this issue or not. just wanted to provide context.