Unable to whitelist domain that is on blocklist

Unable to whitelist via CLI

Expected Behaviour:

When I add a domain using pihole -w (domain) the domain should be added to the white list.

Fixed I manually went to /etc/pihole/whitelist.txt and removed the domain. I then repeated pihole -w (domain) and pihole restartdns and it appears to be added correctly and correctly allowed to load.

Actual Behaviour:

• When I run pihole -q (domain) I am told it is on a blocklist.

• When I run pihole -w (domain) I am told it is not, and cannot be added to the whitelist.

• The domain is blocked and I have no way of unblocking it without removing the entire block list that includes it.

• In case it matters the domain is prod.imgur.map.fastlylb.net. It is used by mobile reddit pretty heavily.

• Also I seem to be experiencing this issue with the same domain when using the Admin console: URL in whitelist is still blocked

Debug Token:

7ejlkqsms8

Try this:
In the web Admin pages visit the whitelist and remove the URL that you've tried to whitelist.
Then, in the console, run pihole -w with your URL again.

I found that the console method doesn't work if you've already tried a web based method, including the Pihole admin pages or the white list link (that used to be?) included with a "blocked" message page.

The error message in this case (trying to whitelist a page that Pihole thinks is already whitelisted) is a little cryptic ("Not found on any blacklist" or something similar). Hopefully this addresses your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.